Terms & Conditions
We do operate a two-night minimum stay.
A non-refundable deposit equal to one night’s stay per room booked, is required to guarantee a reservation. We strongly advise that you have travel insurance to cover you if you need to cancel.
In the event of a no show or booking reduction (on or after arrival date) the full cost of the booking is charged.
How to pay your balance and deposit
Full booking balance is due on day of arrival. We are happy to accept Debit Cards, Visa, MasterCard and Maestro via our online payment partner ‘Global Pay’ or electronic transfer of funds for payment of the deposit and the balance. If paying your balance via transfer of funds this must be done prior to your stay with us.
Online booking, and secure online payment of the deposit is available by clicking on our BOOK NOW button on the website.
If you prefer to phone us, please do so on 01341 280114 or alternatively e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are non-smoking in the house but guests are allowed to smoke on the patio away from the entrance on the condition they use the ash tray provided for butts.
If it is found that you have been smoking in the house a charge of £250 will be applied.
Check in and departure times
Check in is between 15.00 & 19.00 and we ask that guests vacate their rooms by 10.30 on day of departure. If you find that you do have to arrive before 15.00 or after 19.00 please do advise us as we want to ensure that we are in to welcome you.
We are happy to accept well behaved house trained guest dogs in our specified rooms.Please read our guest dog policy.
We hope we have covered all eventualities! If you have any other questions or concerns, please do feel free to contact us
We are Dog Friendly!
We are happy to welcome friendly adult dogs and their owners to Ocean Drive.
We love dogs and have our own Labradoodle, Ralph and a Sheepdoodle Dexter, so we do understand that you would want to bring your four-legged family member on holiday with you.
We’re not steeped in policies and procedures here at Ocean Drive, but please do read through our Dog Policy (below) to ensure you, your dog and our other guests have a relaxing stay.
We are happy to welcome responsible dog owners and well behaved house trained adult dogs at Ocean Drive. We cannot accept dogs that are likely to be at all aggressive to other dogs or people.
We request that dogs be kept on the lead at all times.
If you want to take your dog out for a walk from Ocean Drive, there are plenty of foot-paths that you can take leading out from the house, or the beach directly opposite over the dunes and to the right is dog friendly all year around.
Please clear up after your dog if they make a mess. You will find bio-degradable doggie waste bags in your doggie care pack in your room
Even well trained dogs can have accidents in strange places. If this happens you will find stain remover and kitchen towel in your doggie care pack that we provide in your room.
Please ensure that your dog is dry and wipe off muddy paws before bringing them into the house. There are dog towels that you can use in the basket in rooms. For extra muddy paws please find one of us and we can direct you to a hose pipe you can use to get the worst of the mud off!
Even though we love dogs please be aware that not everyone likes dogs. Please don’t let your dog approach any other guests unless they encourage it.
We are not able to allow dogs in the dining room at breakfast.
If you are following any marked footpaths through fields with livestock, then please keep your dog on a lead. When you see lambs or calves in the fields, please avoid walking through these fields if you can.
Please don’t allow your dog on the bed or on any other furniture in the guest bedrooms or public areas. If this does happen you may be subject to an additional charge for deep cleaning of the linens, furniture and bed.
Dogs are not permitted to be left alone in the guest bedroom when you go out during the day and evening. This is a rule that we do strictly enforce. Even the best trained dogs, who perhaps stay at home alone quite happily, may bark continually, scratch and have accidents when left in a strange place.
There are dog friendly pubs highlighted in the guest welcome pack.
And finally if there is anything we can do to make you and your dog’s stay more relaxing please let us know!
This access statement for Ocean Drive Bed & Breakfast is available by email or post. Please state if you would prefer a large print version.
Ocean Drive Bed & Breakfast is an 19th Century town house providing guest accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis. The age of our building dictates accessibility constraints and the details below will provide you with further information. Please do contact us if you require any further clarification.
- Our nearest train station is in Barmouth which is a 2-minute walk from us.
- Due to the age of our building we advise that guests with mobility or visual impairments are accompanied during their stay.
- We have a website and can be found on Facebook and Twitter.
- Our Access Statement is available on request.
- We can be contacted by telephone or email
Arrival and Car Parking
- If driving to Ocean Drive, Satnav postcode is LL42 1NA.
- There is a sign on the front of the building indicating Ocean Drive
- There is parking directly outside the property or on the road opposite. There are 24 hour carparks also available at a daily charge.
- There are lights at the main house entrance.
- There are 3 stone steps to the main entrance door which are each 17 cm high. We do have a mobility ramp to cover these steps, please request on booking.
- We are always happy to assist with your luggage from the parking area to the main entrance and up to your room
Main Entrance & Reception
- Our dining room leads from our main entrance hall.
- One ground floor bedroom is located from the entrance hall.
- Breakfast is served in our dining room – access as above.
- Chairs are regular wheel back chairs without arms
- All hot food is prepared and served to the tables personally by ourselves.
- We can wash and dry a load of clothes on request for a £7.00 fee
- An iron and ironing board can be made available for your use if required.
- We have one ground floor double bedroom that is accessed from the main entrance hall, which is suitable for limited mobility guests who have some independent walking capacity. The bathroom has a small step up in to the shower.
- Our first floor rooms are both accessed by a staircase with hand rail. There are 16 steps up to the landing and the steps are 18 cm high depth 27cm and 5 cm wide.
- Audible smoke detectors are in every guest room and throughout the rest of the house. Carbon monoxide detectors are not required as there are no open flue or solid fuel appliances in guest rooms.
- All guest rooms have both independently operated ceiling lighting and bedside table lamps giving good light levels.
- All guest rooms have Free View television with remote control, cordless kettle, alarm clock, hairdryer, flask with fresh milk, bottled water, tea, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits.
- All guest rooms are carpeted.
- We also have second and third floor bedrooms.
- All double rooms are en-suite shower rooms.
- Single rooms share a shower room.
- All En-Suites have vinyl flooring.
- Ocean Drive has a patio area to the front of the house. Seating is provided for guests to use. Guests are permitted to smoke in this area but must use the ashtray provided.
- All exits are clearly marked.
- Safety lights are in each hallway.
- The house is non-smoking.
- Mobile phone reception is variable.
- We are, on the most part, available for our guests and are always happy to share local attraction information.
- We have free Wi-Fi with Wi-Fi extenders located in the house access is good.
- If we are away from the house, all guests will have our mobile number to contact us.
- We accept Credit and Debit cards via our online payment system provided by ‘Global Pay’