If you have read my previous blogs (there are only three) you will know that Ralph, our doodle, came third in a selfie competition a few weeks ago. Well I was in my office last week updating the social media for Ocean Drive and I was drawn to a dog friendly twitter post by @PetNatureBox advertising #woofwoofwednesday where owners were asked to send photos in of their dog ‘smiling’ to win a box of treats, there was a deadline of 8pm that evening so I emailed one off of Ralph that I had taken at the beach the previous week. Having completely forgotten about it, how thrilled was I to receive a tweet saying he had won?!
He was even more delighted when two days later, a parcel was delivered to Ralph containing many treats and toys.
The other recipients of treats this week were our B&B guests who absolutely loved the blueberry muffin loaf on our breakfast buffet table, so I thought I’d share the recipe with you, so you can try it at home.
50g unsalted butter, melted
175g plain white flour
tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
100g caster sugar
1. Heat your oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Oil a medium-sized loaf tin and dust with flour to stop the loaf from sticking. Or, use two mini loaf tins. If you’re cooking them at the same time, the cooking time will remain the same.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl.
3. Whisk the egg, milk and butter together. Fold through the flour mixture. Be careful not to over-mix.
4. Swirl in the Blueberries, saving 10 for the top.
5. Pour the mix into the tin. Push the remaining 10 blueberries into the top.
6. Bake for 45 mins, till golden and a wooden skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.